This is my first blog so I am sorry about any mistakes. OK so with that statement out of the way let me tell you about what happened last night on what should have been an exciting momment for me. I was at the Target in Waldorf, MD buying a few baby items, and other clearance items for very cheap prices. When I went to the register I was told by the cashier that target doesn't except Internet coupons.....and then showed me the coupons that I had given to him. Among these coupons were 3 Johnson $1 off any baby item, 1 loreal cream, and 1 TARGET huggies coupon. Now the policy on their website states:
"Target Stores Coupon Policy
Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it's easy to use them at our stores.
• Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless prohibited)
• Super Target coupons can be used in any Target store if the store carries the item
• We gladly accept valid Internet coupons
Because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target.
When accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:
• We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued.
• We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
• Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
• We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
• We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
• All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you're checking out."
Can you please tell me where in the policy above does it state that they NO LONGER accept Internet Coupons??? OK also besides just the Internet coupons not being accepted, I was really trying to figure out why they would not take the TARGET Huggies Internet coupon. this really upset me! So of course I asked to talk to a manager. The manager then gave me some Dumb story of how the were having issues and they were not trying to except the Internet coupons anymore. I told the manager that the coupons were printed from a coupon generator, and that you can only print 2 per computer so that would help put the stores in fraud cases and what not. but she said it doesn't matter she could not except them. Then I asked her well what about the Huggies coupon...that was a target coupon printed from the Target web site. The manager said "well yes you can use this" she said it like she was doing me a favor! WTH I was Steaming at he point, this had never happened to me before, I have read about it but, never had it happened to me. And that is when she showed up.....Saving Queen from http://www.savingqueen.com/. I have looked for bloggers in my area but never found one this close. She was GREAT and she had just had the same problem. I thought to my self that OK I must not be crazy if I am not the only one with this problem..
Saving Queen gave me her card and then we have chatted a little back and forth now. I do have to say she calmed me down after introducing herself.
Couponing is LEGAL, I Hate it when managers and cashiers think that they can make up their own rules...it is not fair...Target OWES me $8!!!